Parent Notice

Dear Parents and Carers,

As you are aware, temperatures this evening are below freezing and are set to remain this way throughout the night. The latest forecast predicts we will not see these rise above freezing until 10.00 am tomorrow.

Roads, pavements, and the school grounds are already frozen resulting in hazardous conditions. Despite our best efforts, salting has not helped the situation.

As a precaution, we will not operate the breakfast club tomorrow morning. We are unable to guarantee that staff will be able to get there in time. There will be no staff at school until 8.45 am.

Headteachers across the County are having to make difficult decisions about whether to open or close tomorrow. Several schools, local to us have already decided to close. I would rather wait until the morning to assess the situation before deciding whether to close or not. If this is the case, I will inform parents by 7.45 am at the latest. Please be sure to check the school app and Facebook page.

Additionally, if we do open, Dosbarth Morlo and Dosbarth Ser Mor will not travel to Haverfordwest Leisure Centre for swimming and gymnastics sessions. These sessions will be cancelled.

Thank you for your continued support and your assistance in the early collection today.

Take care,

Mr A Davies